BMT's multi-disciplined approach and expert teams allow us to design multiple platform concepts which focus on enterprise, infrastructure, build-ability and through-life support factors.
We understand that technical assurance reduces the risk of re-work and delays; this is why it is central to BMT methodology. As a result, our illustrations provide a clear outline of capability, affordability and project requirement decisions.
BMT Defence Service's track record includes:
- BMT's Aegir family of naval task force support ships has revolutionised replenishment at sea. It offers a highly capable, flexible and environmentally conscious platform, that ensures low cost and low risk acquisition for navies globally.
- Platform design for BMT's Caimen 200, a Fast Landing Craft capable of transporting 200 tonnes at 16+ knots.
- Platform design advice for the Canadian Department of National Defence on its Joint Support Ships.
- Platform design, engineering, simulation and extensive support for the UK’s Queen Elizabeth Class Carriers.
- Concept design, systems engineering and other support on the Royal Navy’s Type 42 destroyer replacement programmes- future frigate, common generation frigate (CNGF) and Project Horizon.
In-service Support and Life Extension Analysis
BMT also specialise in design change process, obsolescence management, integrated logistics support, reliability and maintainability practise for existing vessels, making us a major contributor for in-service support and life extension investigations for submarines and surface combatants.
An example of our work within this field includes:
- Design change management for the UK MOD’s Support Integrated Project Team.
- Technical concept analysis for the UK MOD’s Joint Casualty Treatment Ship.
- Design change management and design support for the Sea Dart missile system from the CVF aircraft carriers.
BMT has long been responsible for the documentation and configuration management of complex combat systems interfaces. As a result, we have comprehensive capability in developing software tools to support the day to day operation of naval vessels.